[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Nov 19 23:08:42 EST 2003

> I'm wondering if this shouldn't someday be extended to try to get a
> complete recording for recurring recordings.  Consider the following,
> for example.
>
> Backend starts recording a program.
>
> Power goes out shortly afterwards.
>
> Power comes back up after the show is over.
>
> Backend restarts but won't record a future showing of that episode
> because it thinks it has already recorded it, even though it was only
> a partial recording.

This shouldn't happen because the oldrecorded entry isn't put in until
the recording completes successfully.  That's how the backend recorded
the 2nd half of the show I mentioned and of the game/match/etc. that
Bruce mentioned.  The backend restarted, didn't see an entry in oldrecorded
so it fired off a new recording with recstartts set to the current time.

--

Chris