[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Nov 19 01:11:02 EST 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I did the same thing last night with my wife's "CSI: Miami."  Killed the
> backend about 40 minutes into the show because I wanted to update and
> then realized a show was recording so I restarted the backend real quick.
> Now there's 2 entries, one 40 minutes long (shown as 60 since the end time
> didn't get updated since I killed the backend) and another that's 20
> minutes long.

Hey, I was rushing to get the latest updates on my production
machines before a show started at noon. I'd forgotten that I
had golf from 10-1. I was pleased to see that seeking worked
on the first part which didn't have a seektable. As you had
pointed out, this works because of the info in recordedmarkup.

>>The show is being recorded on card 1 and therefore the
>>scheduler should not occupy card 2 with the same title.
>>I imagine that this may be another recstartts and startts
>>mismatch somewhere.
>

> I looked into this a little and believe it is because the conflicts screen
> does not get its info from the scheduler.  It gets info using
> QUERY_GETALLPENDING...

Another clue. If instead of doing an instant record, you set
a negative preroll for the next minute, then this problem
doesn't appear. Before the record starts, the conflicts page
shows the actual starttime. After it starts, the title is no
longer listed on the conflicts page.

--  bjm