[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Nov 19 00:38:25 EST 2003

David Engel wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:43:47PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
>>It almost looks like we could just pass in the active scheduler to mainserver
>>and have mainserver just get the lists from the scheduler rather than
>>creating a new instance.
>>
>>Comments?
>

> I'd like to see this done.  Not only should it be more accurate, it
> should also be more efficient.

Agreed. I've know about this for a while and did start to
look into it a couple months ago. If you run -v schedule,
press "i" from the conflicts list, make a change then press
enter, PrintList runs twice; the scheduler thread and a run
to fill the conflicts page. The output is interleaved as
the CPU switches between running the exact same code twice.

If the scheduler thread is queried for the 'real' schedule,
it would need to block until it finished its run before
returning results in cases like this. However, the page
would still fill sooner because the CPU only needs to do
half the work.

--  bjm