[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Nov 20 23:40:48 EST 2003

> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 09:07 am, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > So, how's this sound:
> >
> > Add locks around anything that touches scheduledList and recordingList
> > then make new overload/wrapper methods for things like
> > Scheduler::getAllScheduled() that take a programinfo list as an argument.
> > Inside the wrapper/overloaded method, the appropriate lock will be grabbed;
> > then the local scheduler list will be retrieved and copied into the
> > list given in the argument; then the lock will be released.

I just committed these changes to CVS, and the "fix conflicts" and "rank"
screens seem a bit faster now since it doesn't create a new scheduler,
hit the DB and go through the conflict resolution, etc. again.

I copy the lists and return a copy to the calling mainserver function,
then delete the copy when done.  Locks should be in place to prevent updating
while copying and vice versa.

"mythbackend --printsched" also comes back much quicker now as well since
when it connects to the master backend, it just downloads the existing
schedule and then prints it.

--

Chris