[mythtv] Re:Question on MythWeb + Suggestion

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 22 12:17:32 EST 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 12:37 pm, Joe Smith wrote:
> As far as you question: The Recorded view relies on connecting to a
> running MythBackend. If you don't have one running, you should expect it
> to be blank. If mythbackend is running, then you'll want to debug where
> your settings -> MasterBackendIP points to and make sure you can connect to
> it from you web box.

Would there be any  interest  in patches that  will allow the 'recorded'
page to work even if mythbackend isn't present?  I've just  finished such
a patch (mythbackend doesn't work for me yet, so I use a perl script to
record my video, but I'm still using mythweb and mythfilldatabase, since
they are cool, and I hope to use mythbackend once I figure out  what  is
wrong).  I think this may be generally useful to have an option of having
 mythweb only be dependant on mysql, but perhaps noone else cares.

Also, mythweb treats 12:30 as 'am' instead of 'pm' which is a trivial
patch.

I'll be happy  to send such things if there is an interest.

Thanks for the great work,
.Geoff