[mythtv] PATCH: closed caption support

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 20 08:58:53 EST 2003

At 18-3-03 20:46, Martin Moeller wrote:
>I'm not quite sure how Closed Captions work, but in Denmark and other
>places we have a separete Teletext page on each channel (that cares to
>implement it) where subtitles will be shown overlaid the program
>picture. The pagenumber varies from channel to channel, but typical
>examples would be 333 or 399.
>
>Usually the texts are at the bottom of the 'page', but they can be
>anywhere if they would block something otherwise. I wonder, is this
>possible to support in mythtv and would it be possible to toggle it on
>and off on the recording afterwards?

This is already implemented. Only thing missing is selection of the
pagenumber (now hardcoded to 888 = BBC standard), color support and some
small bugfixes. All subtitle text is stored in the file, turning on/off and
selecting only happens during playback.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to finish it all right now, so feel
free to hack along... Small fix just by yourself could be to hardcode a
different pagenumber, but as they vary in Denmark that doesn't seem usefull.

Erik