[mythtv] PATCH: closed caption support

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Tue Mar 18 20:46:38 EST 2003

I'm not quite sure how Closed Captions work, but in Denmark and other
places we have a separete Teletext page on each channel (that cares to
implement it) where subtitles will be shown overlaid the program
picture. The pagenumber varies from channel to channel, but typical
examples would be 333 or 399.

Usually the texts are at the bottom of the 'page', but they can be
anywhere if they would block something otherwise. I wonder, is this
possible to support in mythtv and would it be possible to toggle it on
and off on the recording afterwards?

I haven't had much luck getting data from the vbi device yet so I'm not
sure how well implemented it is in my case but in general this would be
a great bonus to have.. Especially because my sister uses hearing aids
and would prefer texts on local language broadcasts...

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>