[mythtv] A couple of features to consider...

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Mon Mar 3 20:46:53 EST 2003

Feature #1:
-----------
Recorded Shows Categories, etc.

How about a small tree in Record/Delete shows where you can store shows
you don't want to erase any time soon into fitting categories and leave
the rest as Unfiled (which I guess would be selected by default).
Something like This:
Unfiled
Movies
- Action
- Sci-Fi
- Thriller
Music
- Videos
- Top 10
- Artists
- Celine Dion
- Eminem
- Mike Oldfield
- Musicals
Series
- Cartoons
- Comedy
- Sci-Fi
That would help keeping on top of things.
At some point, maybe an integrated burn function for the shows/films you
really want to keep and a way for the interface to see these again when
inserting the CD (Alternatively include the modified mplayer on the CD).

Feature #2
----------
MythTV Channels

For some reason I don't quite understand (American standards, perhaps?),
when you type in a channel to go to, it is not your selected channel ID
that is used but the 'physical' placement of the channel on the band.

This is not well suited for the 'europe-west' channel range, since a
fair amount of our stations lie in a 'weird' area that cannot be entered
as numbers, e.g. E11, E5, SE13 (xawtv style). Also, we rarely, if ever,
sort the channels in the way they are enumerated. It would be great to
be able to key in channel ID and have that set the frequency. That would
make it feel more like a real TV.

What does everyone else think?

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>