[mythtv] A couple of features to consider...

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Mon Mar 3 15:41:53 EST 2003

I must say #1 sounds very nice.  I have been doing this with mythvideo,
but it would be nicer for native shows to sort the way you mention.  I
second.  Now, have you written the code? ;-)

As for #2, you are correct in assuming this is a USA thing.  We (all?)
tune by channel number because there are so many (I have over 150 off
cable).  I "know" that the "USA" channel on MY cable is 60 and that
Sci-Fi is 69 and Comedy Central is 70, etc.  And when I change cable
systems I have to re-learn the numbers.

When I was in Europe a couple years ago I was very frustrated that
things were "different" What the heck was BBC1 and E1? :-) (of course I
found out)

I suppose the only way to make this work in the states is if we typed in
the crazy 4 letter names or the long names.  But I don't really want to
type WBIR or NBC (for my local NBC station) or FOX or CNN or ESPN2 or
Comedy or HBOL or SCI-FI, etc.  Maybe that would be better, but it would
be a lot to remember (the correct names I mean, is Comedy Central
"Comedy" or "CMDY" or "Comedy Central...).  Right now I just remember
that I watch 11,320-325, 69, 70 and try 5,7,9,13,101 if nothing was on
in my first list.  And now that someone has added "Favorites" I will be
adding all those channels to my Favorites List.  Thanks whomever did
that!

Cheers,
Mike

--