[mythtv] mythtv worldwide compatible

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jun 11 11:21:10 EDT 2003

Ramon Roca wrote:
> 2. -Manual scheduling (not to replace current ManualBox, which is an “Instant
> Recording” from my point of view, so just a distinct function). Based on
> Leandro’s Manualbox, take out the big keyboard; fill the Title, subtitle, etc.
> with info coming from channel sign, data, time etc. So no needs of user dialogs

The intent if the original author was that he wanted to
record from an external source that was not in the progam
guide (camcorder, DVD player, etc.). That is why there
there are user dialogs for title and description and there
is no start time feature. Adding a start time and making
the preview window optional so that it only starts when you
ask for it would be nice improvements.

The other use for it is if you want to record something that
you know is showing but the program table data is incorrect.

A related, but entirely seperate feature that many people
would like is to have starttime and endtime offsets for the
items in the record table. This would allow the scheduler
to use the real times to verify that the entry is still in
the program table but then add the offsets to determine
conflicts and to set the actual times for recordings to
begin and end.

--  bjm