[mythtv] new mythweb

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jul 30 02:59:40 EDT 2003

Tako Schotanus wrote:

> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>>>Cartoon Network, Discovery Channel? :-)
>>>

>>mine show up as "DISC" and "TOON"  (or something like that).  hmmm..
>>maybe I should also change the default sorting for !prefer_channum so
>>that it sorts by channel name in the program listing?
>>

> No!! Please don't :-)
> That would mess up the little order I was able to impose on the database.
> Of course I would like to know what other Europeans think but here the
> order for channels is partly fixed: we have about 10 national (Dutch)
> channels and almost everybody has them in more or less the same order,
> but at least I know nobody who has a non-Dutch channel among the first
> 10 channels. Ordering the list alphabetically would certainly not be
> anything anybody here would be used to. Of course others might like it
> very much so maybe it should be an option, I don't know.

im with Tako. i got used to the order of channels in the listing so i
kinda know where to go when im looking for things... i like the "DISC"
and "TOON" labels on them too but if i had to choose i'd rather have
them in the order im used to than have the channel names...

just my two bits ;-)

btw... i can use the CVS code for mythweb2 with myth 0.10 if i just
change that one line of code you mentioned in an earlier post?

nothing else to watch out for? sql queries gonna freak?

sorry if i missed some posts.. i got busy lately and missed probably 500
or so list emails... man this list is crazy busy...

while im talking off-topic... how stable is the current CVS for
everybody? evertyhing is working here so of course i'm thinking about
breaking it... is the transcoding stuff still commented out? i wonder if
recording to rtjpeg and then transcoding down to mpeg4 will fix my issue
with duplicate frames when converting to .avi with lavc....?

Sean