[mythtv] Automatic deletion

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Jul 3 00:49:20 EDT 2003

I have been lurking on this list for only a few days, but here's my
2-pence worth:

> Another intresting option on the screen is the "Recording Quality"
> option...
> Kind of neat.... I can have different quality for different shows I am
> recording....

As someone already said, this is already there.  But what I'd like to see
is the ability to transcode a recorded programme into one of the other
recording profiles - I know I can do this with the separate mythtranscode
program, but can't see a way of doing it from the front end.
e.g. I record a show in top quality and watch it.  After I have finished
watching it I decide that maybe a friend would be interested in the show,
but it's going to be a while before I see that friend and I can't afford
the drive space to keep it around, so I transcode it down to a lower
quality so I can store it.

On a completely different point, I am running MythTV on an nVidia Geforce4
graphics card - the card has both VGA and TV outputs and I'm using both of
them under Xinerama.  Is it possible to get MythTV to sync with the vblank
interval on the TV output?  Is it even possible if you're using both the
VGA and TV outputs since as far as I can tell the nVidia driver only
provides one device to poll for both cards?

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***