[mythtv] Record now?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jan 17 17:39:44 EST 2003

Risto Treksler wrote:
> The bottom line of course is that when you are watching a program and go to
> the EPG and press record the user wold get a choice to
>   -record current program from current time onward only(default)
>   -record current program from the point I started watching.
>    ("point i started watching" would be "from start of program"
>      if the whole show is in the buffer-easily detected)

If the channel change (restart buffer) is after the beginning
of the show, "point i started watching" is simply using the
whole buffer. It's "from start of program" if the buffer
started before the the program that is the tricker porblem.
You'd have to find that point in the buffer and rewrite the
file starting from that point.

> There should also be an easy way to "STOP rcording now"!!!
> or maybe there already is

Not in 0.7 but in CVS the current recording appears in red
in the "Watch a Recording" and "Delete Recordings" lists.
If you choose to delete ("d") it will stop recording and
delete the file. There could be a feature to stop recording
and keep the recorded portion but there are losts of little
extras like this that haven't been implemented yet.

--  bjm