[mythtv] Record now?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sun Jan 19 00:28:43 EST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 06:39 pm, Risto Treksler wrote:
> I think that user selectable behaviour of the ringbuffer would definitely
> be an improvement.
>
> The bottom line of course is that when you are watching a program and go to
> the EPG and press record the user wold get a choice to
>   -record current program from current time onward only(default)
>   -record current program from the point I started watching.
>    ("point i started watching" would be "from start of program"
>      if the whole show is in the buffer-easily detected)
>
> There should also be an easy way to "STOP rcording now"!!!
> or maybe there already is
>
> This would all be useful for recording music videos and such,
> as well as, recording whole episodes you already are watching and not
> recording.

I would add one more behavior similar...

If you are timeshifting by 15 minutes a show using the ringbuf, and want to
change channels without restarting the ring.  Need something like
Control Up Arrow or something to keep the ring running while allowing
channels to change.

Just my $.02 from what I've seen so far.

Brian