[mythtv] Marvel G200-TV: Some success

James D. Bearden james at nontrivial.org
Thu Jan 16 09:40:21 EST 2003

Ray,

Thanks for your response, but at least one other person on the list has
reported the same problems I have been having on the list. Since you point
out that it was working at some point in the past it is obvious that
something is wrong in the current version of CVS. The right thing to do is
to contribute to the project and try to help fix the problem, but I don't
have much spare time and by the time I get up to speed on the problem
somebody who knows more than me will probably have it fixed.

And I have spent several evenings now fiddling with all the settings, both
with the spiffy GUI configurator and directly mucking with the database
hoping to find a solution. Yes, I am very familiar with what settings should
be used since MJPEG tools has been been working well for me for a long time
now.

So I plan on trying to finish up my main hobby project and updating my PVR
website. I have been working on my PVR for almost two years now, on and off,
but MythTV is so nice it has now made it up to the top slot.

 ---
James D. Bearden
james at nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)