[mythtv] music playbackbox

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Feb 23 09:53:29 EST 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 07:06 pm, Andy Davidoff wrote:
> This patch fixes these items...
> 	- output broadly defined as Output while actually AudioOutput

Why do that?  If anyone ever feels like adding support for native ALSA
playback, the best thing for them to do would be to extend Output like the
current AudioOutput class does.  Changing playbackbox to only reference the
child class instead of the base class would prevent this from happening
seamlessly.

> ...and includes the earlier fixes...
> 	- keyboard acceleration only survived one shuffle/repeat mode toggle
> 	- track indicator jumps around to follow indicate current track

Both of these don't happen in Qt 3.1, I'm wondering if they're fixed in Qt
3.0.7 as well.

Also, why:

> -    	visual_mode_timer->start(visual_mode_delay * 1000);
> +    	visual_mode_timer->start(visual_mode_delay * 1000, true);

change the first run of the visual_mode_timer to a single shot?  It'll just
get restarted later as a continuous timer.

I've applied the other bits, though.

Isaac