[mythtv] Feature Suggestions / Bugs

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Wed Feb 19 19:07:04 EST 2003

I agree that good/bad action noises are a nice feature.

As far as the metadata DB accesses go, it's really a question of
database optimization.  As far as I can tell, there is plenty of
room for improvement here -- mostly at the cost of disk space.

Since CPU is expensive, disk is cheap, and our users are impatient,
I'd like to make an optional SQL patch that will speed up the queries.
I've used MySQL with multi-million record databases and still achieved
virtually instantaneous record access times on 5 year old hardware, so
I'm sure it's not the number of songs in your archive that's at issue.

Has anyone else done any work in this area?  Don't want to step on toes...

#if Robert Cantu /* Feb 19, 17:16 */
#endif /* robert at artistictech.net */