[mythtv] mythmusic usage

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:22:07 EST 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 02:12 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> I must have been asleep when this hit the list, but what are the different
> names for the new visuals?  I've seen "random" which I'm guessing randomly
> goes thru all the different visuals, and "Spectrum".  I fired up my
> mythmusic today and got some 3D gears.  Where can I find a list of all the
> different visuals?

All the different vis names are in the settings file now.

> As a side note, I decided to blow away my database and start fresh with
> the cvs version.  Not a big deal as my Myth box wasn't in "production" but
> I had to add all my mp3s again( yeah, I knew I was going to have to add
> them because I dropped the database).  Took about 28 hours to add all my
> mp3s!  At least I was able to launch another mythfrontend session :)

Heh.. yeah, that's because I'm lazy and don't have any mp3s, and thus don't
really care about supporting them -- the method it uses to calculate the
length of a mp3 basically decodes the entire file.  It'd be quicker (a lot)
to parse the vbr header if it exists, or calculate it from the file length if
the file is cbr, but, like I said, I'm lazy =)  FLAC and ogg files have the
length encoded in the header metadata, so it's very quick to scan through all
those.

Isaac