[mythtv] XBox (or PS2) - MythTV

Michael Stearne mythtv_list at entermix.com
Wed Feb 5 14:37:18 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 08:29, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> Another good thing about using it as a frontend only is that people
> could really start tweaking the frontend program to take full advantage
> of the hardware; since everyone has the exact same specs, they could
> maximize the performance of the system, something a little harder to do
> when we all have very different systems.

If you only plan to use this for a frontend, maybe a PS2 would be a
better platform considering Sony's embrace of Linux and Microsoft's
fear.  You can run Linux on a PS2 with Sony's blessing and it has
everything that an Xbox would have for a frontend, plus Firewire which
may come in handy for local storage or networking.

Michael