[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:10:19 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:19:36 -0400, "Vinton Coffman
vintonc-at-redzone.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <661whj4npx0t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> sampling rate 48000
> codec uncompressed for the first one and  mp3 for the second one
>
> The first file went from 1.7 GB to 953 MB with uncompressed audio.  The
> second file went from 1.7 GB to 652 MB using mp3.
>
> Both files play through with really good audio and video quality.  I
> edited the cutlist before transcoding.  There  were 2 commercial breaks
> in each that I marked.  Transcoding honored the cutlist and removed
> these sections just fine, however, the elapse timer for the show still
> indicated that the show is 30:00 in length.  The one show ends with the
> timer displaying 20:50 which sounds reasonable with the commercials
> removed.
>
> Shouldn't the elapse timer reflect the real length of the show after
> transcoding or is it using the length from the database?
It sounds like the seek table isn't being stored in your new nuv files.
Either that, or the latest seek patches are causing issues (very
unlikely).  When did you last update your myth CVS?  This should not be
hard to fix, I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.  I'm kind of on
hold submitting new patches until Isaac either applies or throws away my
verbose patch, since changes to the transcoder will conflict with that
previous patch one way or the other.

However, it might also be exposing a bug in the decoder, since I believe
it should rebuild the seek-table in the case where none is found.  I hope
you kept your original nuvs around...it is unlikely this can be fixed
without re-transcoding.

> As I mentioned above the files play through without a hitch, however,
> you can't scan or skip forward or reverse.  The OSD updates to indicate
> the first skip increment current position +/- increment but not any
> additional increments.  The actual video update doesn't occur.  The
> info OSD's still pop up and fade correctly but the video doesn't resume
> playing.  You can still exit the video and it says "Saving Position"
> but when you select the video again it starts playing at the beginning.

Again this really sounds like I screwed up the writing of the seek table.
 I think I have everything I need to debug and fix this.

.Geoff