[mythtv] automatic CPU detection

Ron Kellam ron at haliplex.com.au
Mon Aug 18 10:53:21 EDT 2003

I have deinterlacing working on a VIA Ezra C3 system.

I went into the linearblend filter code (mythtv/filters/linearblend/filter_linearblend.c) and #undef'd MMX so it used the C deinterlace routine instead of the assembly one.  It works fine.  I've thought about making it auto-detect CPU, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I also plan to look into an assembly-coded deinterlacer that makes use of 3dnow and will work on an Ezra C3.  Again, I haven't yet gotten around to it.

As for usage, I get acceptable LiveTV using a PVR-250 at 360x576 PAL using a 1500000(av)/3000000(max) bitrate.  On startup of LiveTV I normally get a few stutters, but the picture settles down to be stutter free within a few seconds.

Cheers,

Ron