[mythtv] Solution (Re: Help reproducing: Audio mismatch with multiple inputs)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Aug 11 00:42:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:40:37PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> If I:
>
> 1. Watch live TV
>
> 2. Switch from the Television input to the S-Video input
>
> 3. Exit live TV
>
> 4. Enter live TV
>
> I get the video from the S-video input, and the audio from the Television
> input.  I can't think how this could be MythTV's fault, and I'm looking for
> others who have a setup where they can try to reproduce this bug.  It could
> be a bttv issue, so please include your hardware and kernel version if you
> try, whether you succeed or fail.

Thanks to Billy Biggs, I seem to have found at least a workaround for this
problem.  Everything seems to work fine if I specify the option type=2 to
the tuner module.  I never did this before because my tuner type was
correctly autodetected.  Indeed, with this option, exactly the same messages
are emitted by the driver:

bttv0: detected: Hauppauge WinTV [card=10], PCI subsystem ID is 0070:13eb
bttv0: using: BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) [card=10,autodetected]
bttv0: Hauppauge/Voodoo msp34xx: reset line init [5]
msp34xx: init: chip=MSP3435G-B6, has NICAM support
msp3410: daemon started
bttv0: i2c attach [client=MSP3435G-B6,ok]
i2c-core.o: client [MSP3435G-B6] registered to adapter [bt848 #0](pos. 0).
i2c-core.o: adapter bt848 #0 registered as adapter 0.
bttv0: Hauppauge eeprom: model=44371, tuner=Philips FM1236 (2), radio=yes
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
i2c-core.o: driver i2c TV tuner driver registered.
tuner: probing bt848 #0 i2c adapter [id=0x10005]
tuner: chip found @ 0xc2
bttv0: i2c attach [client=Philips NTSC,ok]
i2c-core.o: client [Philips NTSC] registered to adapter [bt848 #0](pos. 1).
tuner: ignoring ISA main adapter i2c adapter [id=0x50000]

But this problem no longer exists.  Since I had some trouble finding
references to anyone else who had experienced this problem, I'm going to
spew a bunch of keywords here for the benefit of search engines.  These are
the sort of things I searched for when trying to find information about this
problem.

v4l wrong audio
bttv wrong audio
bttv audio mismatch