[mythtv] Xinerama Fun! :)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Aug 6 11:53:10 EDT 2003

Brian Bell wrote:

>Nvidia tnt2 with nvidia's 1.0.4363-r2 drivers as monitor 0
>Ati generic drivers as monitor 1
>
>Everything works if I turn off the ati video card.
>
>But, when I try to run mythfrontend as a windowed app on monitor 0 I get
>the blue background and no icons. the key commands do work so I am
>assuming everything is scaled off to the side.
>
>I've been peeking at the code, but haven't identified the icon positioning section yet.
>
>Any Thoughts?

Just a guess, but maybe it's related to the accelerated video output,
not positioning. I get that blue background, if an app tried to use the
video extension and the display doesn't support it (on that head). Maybe
the xvideo on the geforce doesn't work, if the ATI is active, or MythTV
comes up no the ATI and stays there.