[mythtv] Xinerama Fun! :) Update

Brian brian at boid.isa-geek.com
Sun Aug 10 01:38:14 EDT 2003

Well, had a few minutes to sit down and try and figure out why myth refuses to cooperate with my xinerama system....

I think 90% of my problem is that my primary monitor is "right of" my secondary monitor. And I want things to run on the primary.

So when myth calc's the desktop space it draws it starting from the left of the Right hand monitor, thinking there is another :)

So, I was in a hurry, I just commented out the
if( XineramaQueryExtension in GetMythTVGeometry leaving

	*w = DisplayWidth(dpy, screen_num);
        *h = DisplayHeight(dpy, screen_num);
        *x = 0; *y = 0;

and what happens is that it turns into an extremely well behaved desktop application
heh

So once I get a little more time I am going to sit down and see if I can massage the xinerama portion a tad better :)

Cheers!

--
GPG Public Encryption Key available at http://pinkboid.kicks-ass.net/brianbell.key
----