[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Apr 27 20:25:23 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 07:08 pm, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Good to know you agree, will do that when the DVB code works.
>
> Do you think the SplitParameter idea (placing frequency and polarization
> etc. in the same DB column, ala "freq=3546|pol=v|...") is a good solution?

I think it's a pretty poor idea to make things that un-human-modifiable, but,
whatever.  I definately think the analog case (channel number and frequency)
shouldn't be munged up to work that way.

> >You've also got some changes in there that aren't dvb specific,
> >when you get around to submitting things, I'd appreciate them split out
> > into a separate patch if it's not too much trouble.
>
> Understandable, but all of the changes in the patch are directly
> initiated by the DVB work, the DVB code depends on it. It's similar to
> the base class change which you suggested yourself, but usually less
> dramatic. I removed all unrelated changes and created a separate tree,
> so what you see is only DVB-related code.

It doesn't matter if the DVB code depends on it or not -- quite a few of the
changes, such as the SetOption stuff is totally unrelated.  I'd like things
like that in separate patches.  Also, you're going to need to make the DVB
code (library, etc) more of a compile time option.

Isaac