[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Apr 28 02:08:55 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>I believe the ivtv driver is producing PS streams right now, but, really,
>anything that ffmpeg can read should work.

OK.

>Looking over your code, couple notes:  don't extend the mpegrecorder class for
>your new types, since you're overriding almost all the functions, it's
>cleaner to just create a new class.  And yeah, you definately need a channel
>base class.

Good to know you agree, will do that when the DVB code works.

Do you think the SplitParameter idea (placing frequency and polarization
etc. in the same DB column, ala "freq=3546|pol=v|...") is a good solution?

>You've also got some changes in there that aren't dvb specific,
>when you get around to submitting things, I'd appreciate them split out into
>a separate patch if it's not too much trouble.

Understandable, but all of the changes in the patch are directly
initiated by the DVB work, the DVB code depends on it. It's similar to
the base class change which you suggested yourself, but usually less
dramatic. I removed all unrelated changes and created a separate tree,
so what you see is only DVB-related code.

I'm glad to see that you seem generally supportive of the patch.

Ben