[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Apr 27 19:28:52 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 04:25 pm, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Just an update about the status: Reading from the dvr device works (part
> of the problem was that I initialized isopen with true, so it thought
> that it was already open and didn't open the device, duh). The main
> thing left, from what I can see, is ts->es conversion (MythTV ideally
> wants MPEG-ES streams, not PS, PES or TS, right? Can you confirm that,
> please, Isaac?) and the PID filtering that usually comes with it (not
> needed for full card, but budget ones and multiple-channel-per-card
> feature).

I believe the ivtv driver is producing PS streams right now, but, really,
anything that ffmpeg can read should work.

Looking over your code, couple notes:  don't extend the mpegrecorder class for
your new types, since you're overriding almost all the functions, it's
cleaner to just create a new class.  And yeah, you definately need a channel
base class.  You've also got some changes in there that aren't dvb specific,
when you get around to submitting things, I'd appreciate them split out into
a separate patch if it's not too much trouble.

Isaac