[mythtv] i18n and mythweather conflict with locale setting

ramon.roca at xcombo.com ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Mon Apr 21 19:08:04 EDT 2003

Having started with translation to spanish and catalan, I have found that there is a conflict with the locale setting:

-i18n uses it to figure out the language.
-mythweather uses it to store the station to get the data from.

I would suggest that the best would be to change the value used for i18n to "language" instead of locale, and to "station" in mythweather: That will provide a clear idea about its data, and also add a dialog on the setup to choose the language for i18n will be nice. 
However I would like to hear from the autors to see what they think.

About the i18n status, I've found that is still quite preliminar and incomplete, right now is not just a matter of translating literals at the .ts file, still changes to the code is needed in many parts of mythtv (all those that cointains literals)....

For not doing it twice... I want to ask also to their authors about the plans for completing this. I could contribute if I get directions.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20030421/9e8680be/attachment.htm

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list