[mythtv] Good Inexpensive capture card?

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I'm new to the list so if I'm asking questions outta turn let me know...

So, I am looking for a good card to run MythTV on.  I was set to pick up a
Hauppauge WinTV card by I have heard that Hauppauge changes the chipset
and is no longer supported under V4L.  Can anyone confirm/deny this?  What
are some of the other cards that are (1) easy to find, (2) cheap, (3)
supported by V4L, and (4) decent quality.

BTW, I currently have digital cable here in America.  Is MythTV just a
pipedream for me?

Thanks for all your help
(again, if this is the wrong place for my post, please point me in the
right direction...thanks!)