[mythtv] 125 channels and slow mythfilldatabase

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:00:50 -0400

Hey guys.. I have 2 problems currently:

1) I am using my composite input, which is coming in from my satellite
receiver. However, it seems that it won't go above 125 channels! My TV
tuner is limited to 125 channels, and I suspect that this has something to
do with it.. I tried the following command in my settings.txt at the behest
of a person more knowledgeable than I:

str ExternalChannelCommand=changechannel

however, i can't figure out how to turn off the tuner limitations.. and my
satellite is pretty useless if working with a limit of 125, since channels
only *start* at 100

2) Mythfilldatabase is sooooo slow that it often faults out and doesn't end
up completing the operation.. And in terms of PPV movies on directv
satellite (the 100s), it just says "PPV MOVIE" instead of the actual movie
/ description. Are there mirror servers or such? or should I just turn up
my repeats and live with the PPV issue?

Thank you guys in advance for everything : )

tarek : )