[mythtv] Re: segfault with mythepg and problem with mythfilldatabase

Daniel Paessler mythtv-dev@snowman.net
24 Oct 2002 23:40:51 +0200


hmmm..i tried that...but it doesn't work...
i get the following:

---snip---
[paessler@iphigenie pts/5] mythfilldatabase
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
couldn't get all of 7 days, only 3
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Speicherzugriffsfehler
---snip---

the last word is german and means "segmentation fault", coming
from mythepg i think.

some more suggestions?

thx daniel


Am Die, 2002-10-22 um 18.27 schrieb Andrew M. Bishop:
> Daniel Paessler <daniel@paessler.org> wrote:
> 
> > i'm running a gentoo system and tried the version 0.6 and also
> > the latest cvs of mythtv. i have problems using mythepg, it always
> > crashes with a segmentation fault, no idea why...
> 
> The crash could be because of an empty program database.
> 
> > another thing is mythfilldatabase...it always tells me, that tv_grab_de
> > is not working, i'd like to use the german tv-listings, guess why ;-)
> > can i make this work?
> > it's today the first time for me to try using mythtv, screenshots are
> > looking great...
> > would be nice if anyone can help or someone has any suggestions
> 
> It was me that added the code to use a different XMLTV program from
> the tv_grab_na that Isaac was using for North America.  I added in the
> ability to use tv_grab_uk.  There are some differences with the two
> programs, for example tv_grab_na accepts a --offset option that
> tv_grab_uk does not.
> 
> The tv_grab_de program does not seem to accept a --config-file option
> which the tv_grab_na and tv_grab_uk programs do.  This is a big
> problem since it is how MythTV knows which programs to get for each
> input source.
> 
> the file MC/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp contains the following:
> 
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
>     if (offset >= 0)
>         command.sprintf("nice -19 %s --days 1 --offset %d --config-file %s "
>                         "--output %s", xmltv_grabber.ascii(),
>                         offset, configfile.ascii(), filename.ascii());
>     else
>         command.sprintf("nice -19 %s --days 7 --config-file %s --output %s",
>                         xmltv_grabber.ascii(), configfile.ascii(), 
>                         filename.ascii());
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
> 
> I think that you want to replace this with
> 
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
>     if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_uk")
>         command.sprintf("nice -19 %s --days 7 --config-file %s --output %s",
>                         xmltv_grabber.ascii(), configfile.ascii(), 
>                         filename.ascii());
>     else if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_de")
>         command.sprintf("nice -19 %s --days 7 --output %s",
>                         xmltv_grabber.ascii(),
>                         filename.ascii());
>     else
>         command.sprintf("nice -19 %s --days 1 --offset %d --config-file %s "
>                         "--output %s", xmltv_grabber.ascii(),
>                         offset, configfile.ascii(), filename.ascii());
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
> 
> also try replacing
> 
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
>     if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_uk")
>     {
>         // tv_grab_uk doesn't support the --offset option, so just grab a week.
>         for (it = sourcelist.begin(); it != sourcelist.end(); ++it)
>              grabData(*it, xmltv_grabber, -1);
>     }
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
> 
> with
> 
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
>     if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_uk" || xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_de")
>     {
>         // tv_grab_uk/de don't support the --offset option, so just grab a week.
>         for (it = sourcelist.begin(); it != sourcelist.end(); ++it)
>              grabData(*it, xmltv_grabber, -1);
>     }
> -------------------- filldata.cpp --------------------
> 
> If this works then we can generate a proper patch.
> 
> You probably want to run the mythfilldatabase program with the
> --manual option the first time to let you edit the details.
> 
> 
> Also you need to run the setup program (setup/main.cpp), try replacing
> 
> -------------------- main.cpp --------------------
>         QString command = xmltv_grabber + " --configure --config-file " + 
>                           filename;
> -------------------- main.cpp --------------------
> 
> with
> 
> -------------------- main.cpp --------------------
>         QString command = xmltv_grabber;
> -------------------- main.cpp --------------------
> 
> as a temporary fix.
> 
> Run this before you run the mythfilldatabase program.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Andrew.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Andrew M. Bishop                             amb@gedanken.demon.co.uk
>                                       http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev@snowman.net
> http://www.snowman.net/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
-- 
email: daniel@paessler.org / phone: +49 3722 83884
fax: +49 89 244365117     / web: www.paessler.org

An unknown Japanese man once said  ...
         Ama soyia aim duhanikam ianaka tsa akaneng...!
And that is why he is still unknown.