[mythtv] Heads-up

Mark Musone mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:44:48 -0500

Well, thats why right now i'm thinking of doing both..for now..
right now i cannot "save" settings in the settings.txt file without lots
of problems, so my choices are to create a newsettings.txt file that i can easily modify,
or just have the DB override it..

To be more precise:

1. it's not slower to access, expecially if you already have a Db up and running and
even a connection open.

2. it does not take up more disk space, on the contrary they often compress the data versus an
ascii type file (case in point, storing integer numbers in an ascii file versus a true int in a database).

i'm open for anything, but i dont think modfiying the current settings.txt is an option that makes sense
right now #1, becuase it'd be a pain and #2, because it could really muck things up..if Isaac gives me the go-ahead,
then i'm fine with doing it.

In the end, i do plan on having _every_ setting throug the front end. Last night i was working on scanning channels
and setting up the channels and EPG through the front end.

-Mark