[mythtv] Heads-up

rob mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:00:46 -0600

Why not do like lots of other programs already do?  Have a per-user
configuration file, eg ~/.mythtv/settings.txt, which is parsed after the
/usr/local/share/myth/settings.txt, which would contain the system-wide
defaults.  The user's file could have a line at the top like "# See
/usr/local/share/myth/settings.txt for defaults and descriptions".  You
can write to this file without worrying about "mucking up" the original
settings.txt.