[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 19:07:20 -0500

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 11:09:41PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:

> There are no records in the settings table, this is probably caused by
> the fact that the tv_grab_na script finishes in a CTRL+C (it's unable to
> connect to the remote site to download any data... which could be caused
> by my location). However the videosource table correctly has
> xmltvgrabber field set to tv_grab_uk, although it is still running
> tv_grab_na.

OK, it was written to the right place; mythfilldatabase must not be loading
it correctly.  I'll take a look at it.

> A side point.. The version of MC/databases/mc.sql does not add the
> "xmltvgrabber" into the videosource table. I'm not sure if this was
> intentional- or if the 0-7 to 0-8 sql script should be run even for
> fresh CVS installs.

mc.sql is not necessarily up to date until release time.

> I'll play with mythfilldatabase manually to try and get some listings
> downloaded - see if I can do some testing..
>

> The following appears in the console...
>
>         StringSelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index 3

This message is important; this is the heart of the matter.  When do you get
it?  When you select tv_grab_uk from the menu?  There should be 5 options in
the list, and tv_grab_uk is the 4th (the 3 you see above, when counting from
0).

Are you sure it's writing the correct thing to the videosource table?

> > I had a poke around the source, in MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp to
> > > try find a trace of where the problem could be. After poking around it
> > > looks as though the code has not yet been written?
> >
> > It certainly should be; if not, it is simply a bug.
>
> I may be wrong, but I drew that from conclusion from
> MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp (line 81)
>
> It looks as though the grab_tv_XX command is called from
> XMLTV_na_config::save and tv_grab_na is hardcoded.

tv_grab_na is the only grabber that can be configured from the GUI.  That
function writes out the XMLTV configuration file for tv_grab_na.  That class
is not even used unless the grabber is tv_grab_na.

> As far as modifications go, should there be equivalent functions for the
> other regions, or should the single function draw the data out of the
> database.

For any other grabbers which have equivalents to --list-providers and
--list-channels, it is possible to make a GUI configuration.  For anything
else, the user must run tv_grab_XX --configure manually.  Note that the UI
does not do this for you.

--
 - mdz