[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
27 Dec 2002 23:09:41 +0000

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:32, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:19:12PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:
>
> > Secondly- when creating a new VideoSource and selecting tv_grab_uk (or
> > tv_grab_uk_rt, tv_grab_de, tv_grab_sn), it simply carries on through as
> > tv_grab_na. There doesn't seem to be any errors popping onto the console.
>
> This is curious...can you give me some details?  Are you saying that
> tv_grab_na was written to the database (settings table)?  Or that
> mythfilldatabase tries to run tv_grab_na?

There are no records in the settings table, this is probably caused by
the fact that the tv_grab_na script finishes in a CTRL+C (it's unable to
connect to the remote site to download any data... which could be caused
by my location). However the videosource table correctly has
xmltvgrabber field set to tv_grab_uk, although it is still running
tv_grab_na.

A side point.. The version of MC/databases/mc.sql does not add the
"xmltvgrabber" into the videosource table. I'm not sure if this was
intentional- or if the 0-7 to 0-8 sql script should be run even for
fresh CVS installs.

I'll play with mythfilldatabase manually to try and get some listings
downloaded - see if I can do some testing..

The following appears in the console...

        StringSelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index 3
        Welcome to XMLTV tv_grab_na V2.20021119 for Canada and US tv
        listings
        Please report any problems, bugs or suggestions to:
                xmltv-users@lists.sourceforge.net
        For more information consult http://xmltv.sourceforge.net

        starting manual configuration process..

While a look at running processes shows that the command executed is:
/usr/bin/perl -w /usr/bin/tv_grab_na --config-file...

> It is possible that the changes to mythfilldatabase are not 100% yet.

If this is the case, then I'll wait for changes to hit CVS and then test
from a UK point of view.

> I had a poke around the source, in MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp to
> > try find a trace of where the problem could be. After poking around it
> > looks as though the code has not yet been written?
>
> It certainly should be; if not, it is simply a bug.

I may be wrong, but I drew that from conclusion from
MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp (line 81)

It looks as though the grab_tv_XX command is called from
XMLTV_na_config::save and tv_grab_na is hardcoded.

As far as modifications go, should there be equivalent functions for the
other regions, or should the single function draw the data out of the
database.

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk