[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:32:03 -0500

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:19:12PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:

> Firstly- it's not immediately obvious how to confirm/cancel/proceed
> through the setup screens. I've taken the assumption that ESCape takes
> you to the next screen, and ENTER confirms the settings.
> Still keeping in mind this is CVS- as a cosmetic touch - I'm sure it
> might be a problem in the future, a quick bit of text to tell people how
> to move.

This will happen.

> Secondly- when creating a new VideoSource and selecting tv_grab_uk (or
> tv_grab_uk_rt, tv_grab_de, tv_grab_sn), it simply carries on through as
> tv_grab_na. There doesn't seem to be any errors popping onto the console.

This is curious...can you give me some details?  Are you saying that
tv_grab_na was written to the database (settings table)?  Or that
mythfilldatabase tries to run tv_grab_na?

It is possible that the changes to mythfilldatabase are not 100% yet.

> I had a poke around the source, in MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp to
> try find a trace of where the problem could be. After poking around it
> looks as though the code has not yet been written?

It certainly should be; if not, it is simply a bug.

--
 - mdz