[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Matthew Burnham mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:42:48 -0000

> > > It certainly should be; if not, it is simply a bug.
> >
> > I may be wrong, but I drew that from conclusion from
> > MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp (line 81)
> >
> > It looks as though the grab_tv_XX command is called from
> > XMLTV_na_config::save and tv_grab_na is hardcoded.
>
> tv_grab_na is the only grabber that can be configured from
> the GUI.  That function writes out the XMLTV configuration
> file for tv_grab_na.  That class is not even used unless the
> grabber is tv_grab_na.

Hmmm, I did some digging on this, to figure out how everything works,
not realising you'd stated this here (must get my email working under
Linux...). I got stuck looking for references to the XMLTV_na_config
class. Anyway, from my experimentation, it looks as if
XMLTV_na_config::save is called even when the grabber is not tv_grab_na:

========== begin log ==========

mbb@danew:~/cvs/MC/setup$ ./setup
Would you like to clear all program/channel/recording/card
settings before starting configuration? [n]
Welcome to XMLTV tv_grab_na V2.20021119 for Canada and US tv listings
Please report any problems, bugs or suggestions to:
	xmltv-users@lists.sourceforge.net
For more information consult http://xmltv.sourceforge.net

starting manual configuration process..

getting list of providers for postal/zip code --provider, be patient..
zap2it failed to give us a page: 500:Internal Server Error
check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
failed 1 times, will retry after 30 seconds..
zap2it failed to give us a page: 500:Internal Server Error
check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
failed 2 times, will retry after 30 seconds..
zap2it failed to give us a page: 500:Internal Server Error
check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
tv_grab_na --config-file /home/mbb/.mythtv/VideoSource1.xmltv
--configure --retry-limit 2 --retry-delay 30 --postalcode  --provider
--auto-new-channels add
exited with status 256

========== end log ==========

With a valid /home/mbb/.mythtv/VideoSource1.xmltv I get the following
(though this was actually logged first, so don't count on it). Its just
a different error because of the fact its passing a different config to
that expected to tv_grab_na, which flummoxed me for a sec, so thought it
worthwhile to post too.

========== begin log ==========

mbb@danew:~/cvs/MC/setup$ ./setup
Would you like to clear all program/channel/recording/card
settings before starting configuration? [n]
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: /home/mbb/.mythtv/VideoSource1.xmltv:1: unsupported
version header
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Failed to read /home/mbb/.mythtv/VideoSource1.xmltv
tv_grab_na --config-file /home/mbb/.mythtv/VideoSource1.xmltv
--configure --retry-limit 2 --retry-delay 30 --postalcode  --provider
--auto-new-channels add
exited with status 256

========== end log ==========

> > As far as modifications go, should there be equivalent
> functions for
> > the other regions, or should the single function draw the
> data out of
> > the database.
>
> For any other grabbers which have equivalents to
> --list-providers and --list-channels, it is possible to make
> a GUI configuration.  For anything else, the user must run
> tv_grab_XX --configure manually.  Note that the UI does not
> do this for you.

I'm tempted to have a go at getting tv_grab_uk to work under the GUI,
but I'll see how easy it is :)

--
Mat Burnham