[mythtv] Which Distro?

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:39:30 -0800

Tony Clark(tclark@telia.com)@2002.12.23 20:26:09 +0000:
> Watching tv pushes it up for sure.  I can dual boot RH and Gentoo on this box
> so I may do some tests but I don't think it will be much different.  I just
> perfer Gentoo :)

agreed.  what's yer target bitrate & quality settings?  it seems when
I watch live tv thru mythtv it doesn't look as sharp as 'real' live TV
no matter how high I bump up the bitrate & quality settings mpeg4.
Am very interested to use the YUV decoder to see what the best possible
picture I can get looks like when that stuff gets put in.
    Mark