[mythtv] Low-profile PCI TV Tuner

John S Flowers mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:19:58 -0600

Chris,

I've basically been doing the same thing, except I've just REMOVED the
backplate and put the card in the box. The really low-profile desktop
case holds the card in place. It's not ideal, but hey... we're hacking
a box already, right? :)

One other solution I've found is a case with a PCI-riser card that
holds full-height PCI cards (horizontal rather than vertical). The
problem is I don't like any of these cases.

Lastly, I'm trying to get pricing on this unit:
  http://www.allwell.tv/Products/Set_Top_Box/STB6286N/stb6286n.html

In many ways, this seems like it might be the perfect solution if a)
it's cheap enough and b) we can get the tuner card & NTSC output
working.