[mythtv] Low-profile PCI TV Tuner

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:43:54 -0500

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 04:19:58PM -0600, John S Flowers wrote:

> One other solution I've found is a case with a PCI-riser card that
> holds full-height PCI cards (horizontal rather than vertical). The
> problem is I don't like any of these cases.

Unfortunately, these riser cards (from what I remember) could handle
less cards than I would like.  Also, having the ability to override any
on-board video with an add-in AGP board is always good...

> Lastly, I'm trying to get pricing on this unit:
>  http://www.allwell.tv/Products/Set_Top_Box/STB6286N/stb6286n.html
>
> In many ways, this seems like it might be the perfect solution if a)
> it's cheap enough and b) we can get the tuner card & NTSC output
> working.

That looks neat, but I'd be very surprised if it would work very well,
if at all.

I'm pretty happy with custom low-profile micro ATX stuff since it's
fairly easy to come by...Also, I really like the slimness...

Cheers,
Chris