[mythtv] TiVo Out! MythTV In! Help me buy the right stuff...

John mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:35:57 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_1/LJxiOF+wNp1MMVFeAH+Q)

MessageHi Chris,

Thanks for the tips..  I've checked out the sites you mentioned below =
and the only hardware recommended is an ATI TV Wonder VE.  Is this the =
best h/w to go with?  I thought Isaac wasn't too hot on these cards? I =
noticed in the thread on the Buffer Flushing that Harondel is using TWO =
tuner cards and a HARDWARE decoder (dxr3). This sounds like the way to =
go, no?

I guess it would be REALLY useful if there was someplace everyone could =
go and put in their H/W config and how their performance is. I searched =
the archives but didn't find anyplace that everyone threw their 2 cents =
in.  Bits and pieces scattered here and there about this card or driver.

How about if people just chime in with their current:

Vid Cap card:
Video Out option (card or external):
Audio card:
CPU, RAM, HD:
Remote ctrl solution:
Linux variant:
Comments:

They can say how much cpu they're using up at a given res, how happy =
they are with this config, how stable, if simultaneous record/play works =
well, etc...

How about it?  What's the best way to collect all this info from =
everyone into one thread so we can all benefit and make the right =
decisions for future hardware?

Thanks!
John

  ----- Original Message -----=20