[mythtv] Segfault... still

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:52:57 -0500

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 05:55:31PM -0800, Tony Pace wrote:

> Sorry to be a pain.  I completely removed MythTV, database and all. Then
> downloaded todays CVS, everything compiled and installed fine but I
> still get a segfault running mythtv.

Don't run the CVS version unless you are keeping up with development and can
handle things breaking.

date: 2002/12/09 03:13:34;  author: ijr;  state: Exp;
*NOTE* If you want a working mythtv, don't use this.

Start of the encoder/decoder split.

> When I try to create a recording profile, I go through all the settings,
> when I click finish it just goes back to (create new profile).  The
> output in the terminal is "setValue(" thats it.  Is this the problem?

Just "setValue(" sounds quite impossible unless your compile is broken.
The segfault seems to be unrelated to the profile setup.

--
 - mdz