[mythtv-users] mythtv and zoneminder cameras

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:23:05 UTC 2021

On 5/5/21 7:37 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:

>> Mike,
>>
>> I've tried to do this also, I'm still on .29 and found information on
>> setting up a network tuner with a m3u file, but I was not able to get
>> it to work.  The contents of that m3u is
>>
>> doug at desktop:~/Desktop$ cat playlist.m3u
>>   #EXTM3U
>>
>> #EXTINF:0,501 - Back Yard
>>
>> rtsp://camera1.drdos.info/live.sdp
>>
>> #EXTINF:0,502 - Driveway
>>
>> rtsp://camera3.drdos.info/live.sdp
>>
>> I have 2 cameras that I can use VLC to stream, so I tried to add
>> channels 501 and 502 to Myth.
>>
>> I can select those a channels in Myth, but it does not provide a
>> video stream.
>>
>> I'd be interested in this as well, but do not know for certain if my
>> version of Myth is compatible.
>>
> Ah, sorry. Forgot to include my version:
>
> mythtv at jade:~$ mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v30.0
> MythTV Branch :
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 30.20181231-1
> QT Version : 5.11.3
> (snip)
> mythtv at jade:~$
>
> I'm using Debian Buster and the deb-multimedia repo.
>
> I really do have an upgrade on the 'to do' list but time, etc. and it
> isn't (yet) broke.

I am working on a setup that records from a camera into MythTV using a
black box external recorder and ffmpeg. It is working well, I can share
the scripts with you.  There is the problem that only one thing can
access /dev/video0 at a time, so if vlc is running and showing the
camera, the script cannot access it. I don't know how zoneminder works,
but if zoneminder has the camera then likely your mythtv script would
not be able to get it. Do you have a solution for that?

Peter