[mythtv-users] mythtv and zoneminder cameras

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed May 5 13:14:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, 5 May 2021 12:37:30 +0100, you wrote:

>> Mike,
>>
>> I've tried to do this also, I'm still on .29 and found information on setting up a network tuner with a m3u file, but I was not able to get it to work.  The contents of that m3u is
>>
>> doug at desktop:~/Desktop$ cat playlist.m3u
>>
>> #EXTM3U
>>
>> #EXTINF:0,501 - Back Yard
>>
>> rtsp://camera1.drdos.info/live.sdp
>>
>> #EXTINF:0,502 - Driveway
>>
>> rtsp://camera3.drdos.info/live.sdp
>>
>> I have 2 cameras that I can use VLC to stream, so I tried to add channels 501 and 502 to Myth.
>>
>> I can select those a channels in Myth, but it does not provide a video stream.
>>
>> I'd be interested in this as well, but do not know for certain if my version of Myth is compatible.
>>
>Ah, sorry. Forgot to include my version:
>
>mythtv at jade:~$ mythbackend --version
>Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>MythTV Version : v30.0
>MythTV Branch :
>Network Protocol : 91
>Library API : 30.20181231-1
>QT Version : 5.11.3
>(snip)
>mythtv at jade:~$
>
>I'm using Debian Buster and the deb-multimedia repo.
>
>I really do have an upgrade on the 'to do' list but time, etc. and it isn't (yet) broke.

I have been using IPTV to record from rtsp URLs (SAT>IP in my case)
for several versions of MythTV now.  Getting the exact format of the
playlist.m3u file correct is important if you want to set things up
that way, but as far as I can tell your playlist.m3u format is
correct.  But where I had problems was actually getting the tuner to
load the playlist.m3u file.  I found the easiest way was to have the
playlist.m3u file on my Apache2 web server (that also runs mythweb and
other things).  I just put the playlist.m3u file in the /var/www/html
directory and accessed it from there:

http://satip.jsw.gen.nz/playlist.m3u

or

http://10.0.2.4/playlist.m3u

if you do not run a local nameserver.  Other methods of accessing the
playlist.m3u file that I tried simply did not work - no channels were
created.

But if you have only a few channels to set up, then you can just do
that manually directly in the database.  That is what I do when a new
channel or channel change happens with my SAT>IP channels.  I use
DBeaver as a good freeware SQL editor:

https://dbeaver.io/

and just create a channel by copying an existing channel in the
channel and iptv_channel tables and changing the values to what the
new channel needs.

Here is one of my SAT>IP tuners:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from capturecard where sourceid=6
limit 1\G
               cardid: 90
             parentid: 0
          videodevice: http://satip.jsw.gen.nz/playlist.m3u
          audiodevice: NULL
            vbidevice: NULL
             cardtype: FREEBOX
         defaultinput: Television
       audioratelimit: NULL
             hostname: mypvr
         dvb_swfilter: 0
         dvb_sat_type: 0
dvb_wait_for_seqstart: 1
          skipbtaudio: 0
        dvb_on_demand: 1
      dvb_diseqc_type: NULL
       firewire_speed: 0
       firewire_model: NULL
  firewire_connection: 0
       signal_timeout: 1000
      channel_timeout: 30000
     dvb_tuning_delay: 0
             contrast: 0
           brightness: 0
               colour: 0
                  hue: 0
             diseqcid: NULL
          dvb_eitscan: 0
            inputname: MPEG2TS
             sourceid: 6
      externalcommand: NULL
       changer_device: NULL
        changer_model: NULL
             tunechan: NULL
            startchan: 4210
          displayname: SAT>IP 1.1 (90)
          dishnet_eit: 0
          recpriority: 2
            quicktune: 0
           schedorder: 11
          livetvorder: 11
             reclimit: 2
           schedgroup: 0
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

and the channel and iptv_channel rows for a SAT>IP channel:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from channel where chanid=10072\G
           chanid: 10072
          channum: 4072
           freqid: NULL
         sourceid: 6
         callsign: NATGE
             name: Nat Geographic
             icon: national_geographic.jpg
         finetune: NULL
     videofilters:
          xmltvid: nat-geographic.sky.co.nz
      recpriority: 0
         contrast: 32768
       brightness: 32768
           colour: 32768
              hue: 32768
         tvformat: Default
          visible: 1
    outputfilters:
    useonairguide: 0
          mplexid: NULL
        serviceid: 1012
     service_type: 0
         tmoffset: 0
  atsc_major_chan: 0
  atsc_minor_chan: 0
      last_record: 2021-05-03 08:29:01
default_authority:
       commmethod: -1
           iptvid: NULL
          deleted: NULL
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from iptv_channel where chanid=10072\G
 iptvid: 116
 chanid: 10072
    url:
rtsp://satip.jsw.gen.nz:554/?src=1&freq=12581&msys=dvbs2&plts=off&fec=23&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22500&mtype=8psk&pids=0,307,1007,1107,1907
   type: data
bitrate: 0
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

MythTV up to v31 can, however, only handle direct URLs - any
redirection and it does not work.  So maybe that is the problem - if
you are using cameras where they send via a cloud site, there is
likely to be redirection.  VLC can handle that, but MythTV can not.
Trying to capture from a camera using curl commands should show if
there is redirection happening, or you can run Wireshark and capture
the network traffic when you use VLC to play from a camera and see any
redirection there.