[mythtv-users] Configuring firewall for MythTV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun May 2 14:41:19 UTC 2021

On 5/1/21 8:42 PM, Steve Greene wrote:
> I just upgraded to 31-fixes, I'm noticing that everytime my frontend
> hits the tuners on my secondary backend that the backend service
> drops. I'm suspecting my Verizon FIOS router. How do I open router
> ports for internal traffic, but not the Internet? No real
> documentation for this router, it is a MI424WR.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Steve
>
> Steve Greene
> (301) 842-8923
> historicity.co <http://historicity.co>
> An independent archival professional specializing in still
> photography, moving images and recorded sound.

I had a router some time back that would drop packets. I solved it by
using a switch for the internal traffic and only used one port from the
router, which connected to the switch, and the switch connected to the
other devices. However the problem it caused was pixellated recordings,
not a backend crashing. So I suspect some other issue in your case.