[mythtv-users] Stupid Fire Stick Match Frame Rate feature

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Mar 28 19:05:28 UTC 2021

On 28/03/2021 14:18, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 3/27/21 5:02 PM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Apparently my TV can pass through only stereo. How does the splitter
>> idea work? How would one arrange which branch the EDID is fetched from?
>
> Did you check the TV settings? My TV has a setting for digital audio
> output. You can select bitstream or PCM. If you select PCM you only get
> stereo.

I was mainly basing my claim on several posts on forums regarding people
trying to do this with the same make of TV. I've tried it myself now,
and I get silence unless I set the FireTV to output stereo. I've also
now looked for a setting in the TVs menus and see nothing there, and
there's a pretty obvious place where it would be.

Still, when it arrives, the splitter may well do the job, and the good
news is the fps-match feature does look to work perfectly when the AV
received is out of the audio path.