[mythtv-users] seeking/editing in mythfrontend

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 10:07:52 UTC 2021

On 27/03/2021 01:50, Leo Butler via mythtv-users wrote:
> I transcode my recordings to an x264-encoded video stream in a matroska
> container. I use ffprobe to update the recordedseek table after
> transcoding. I have been doing this for a couple years.
>
> In both v0.28 and v0.29 (from the mythbuntu ppa), I was able to seek and
> edit these mkv files without difficulty. In v0.31/fixes from the same
> ppa, seeking and editing is broken for these transcoded files--it
> appears that any movement in the video is only by a keyframe. Playback
> is fine.
>
> Seeking and playback in fine in vlc and ffplay, fwiw.
>
> This seems like a regression to pre v0.28 behaviour.
>
> Has anyone seen similar behaviour? Suggestions on how to workaround the
> problems? Ideas about what caused the regression?
>
> TIA,
> Leo

... replying to your original question:  have you tried the different
decoder options (Frontend Setup > Video > Playback) when trying to do
precision editing?  I don't know how many of the changes there in the
last year have reached your setup.

And it occurs to me that I ought to look at this in relation to my
current 20-second 'hanging' inconveniences in DVB-radio cutting.

John P