[mythtv-users] UK Crystal Palace OTA reception issue on CH55

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:18:33 UTC 2021

> I'm still on V30; it is possible that the new tuner code may make this
> task easier, but I'm not
> holding my breath.

About channel scanning and duplicate multiplexes, you might give the
current master (pre-v32) a try.
This now has an option to automatically remove duplicate multiplexes, based
on signal strength.
Also the raw data of each scan is stored in the database; this allows a
replay of a scan with different scanning options in a few seconds.
Last but maybe not least, there is a new menu to copy non-scanned data such
as icon file path and XMLTVID from the old channels into the new channels.

> At least new stuff seems to prompt for which region/area you want to use
when it detects two sets of muxes.
About regions, for satellite (FreeSat) you can now define the region id and
the bouquet id. This decides then the channel numbering.
If there exists something similar for DVB-T/T2 I could have a look at it,
but then I would need a few recent full multiplex recordings plus a pointer
to where it is described.

Klaas.