[mythtv-users] trouble with CSPAN channels

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 18:04:21 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 4:52 PM Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I am going to sign up for a free trial and check that out. They might even have CSPAN-2.

Last I checked they did not (YTTV apparently does not
want to pay for those channels due to the perceived
low interest), but things do change, so look at the
channel list for your location.

> If I run a channel scan, channels 169 and 170 are found, but they are not in my database. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I use a 3rd party script for managing my channels,
so I have not added channels via mythfilldatabase
for a long time but as I recall for mythfilldatabase
you had to use the --do-channel-updates flag
(perhaps others will have better advice here).
However, I would recommend running it interactively
(--manual) to make sure it is doing what you want
and prevent it from doing something you do not
(unfortunately, for a cable lineup, that can be a lot
of questions to answer).  Alternatively create a new
videosource and let it generate your new channel
lineup and if it looks good change the capture
card to the new videosource.

As always, be sure you have a good current DB
backup in case things do not go as you like.