[mythtv-users] channel confusion

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Mar 6 20:06:21 UTC 2021

It looks as if things internal to the myth database are not the problem.
In the channel table each of the mixed up channels has a different xmltvid,
freqid, and mplexid.  Each has the same sourceid (I have only 1).
In dtv_multiplex each mplexid has its own frequency.

Looking in the program table, the first overlap (same show at same time)
was 2021-02-27 06:00, although it doesn't seem to have become regular until
2021-02-28 18:30:00.  So the recent lockup may have nothing to do with the
problem.  The entries could have been mangled after they were created, but
my notes show I noticed problems with 65.3 listings on 02-28 just after I
created a rule.  This was NOT while mythfilldatabase was running, which
does suggest a local problem.

I had a bunch of network problems in the week before that, and the
partition the database was on filled a month before that.

And I haven't made any attempt to verify what's in ~mythtv/.mythtv/cache,
which has lots of stuff for mythfilldatabase.

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 9:40 AM Ross Boylan <rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org>

> I launched mythfrontend on the same machine that hosts the backend and
> database.  The whole machine locked up.  When I restarted it I found that
> the listing for channel 65.2 (qubo) was just a copy of the listing for 66.3
> (Bounce).
> I looked in the logs for myth and for the database (mariadb).  The latter
> show recovery from a crash, but other than that I see nothing that looks
> related.
> Tried mythfilldatabase --refresh all.  No change.  Waited a day so that it
> could fetch new listings, but the last available listings still show the
> same pattern.
> There is at least one related report about problems like this with
> Schedules Direct, https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11509 which
> references
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-March/347938.html,
> but that's from before the XML TV grabber.  So I'm not sure it's relevant.
> I'd love to hear about solutions, or even about how I could figure out
> where things have got mucked up.
> Thanks.
> Ross
> Setup:
> backend is 30.0-dmo4 with some code I backported so I could use Python 3.
> I use SchedulesDirect in the US with tv_grab_zz_sdjson
> Debian/buster
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20210306/9750de52/attachment.htm>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list